Welcome to my blog here i will share with you my thoughts,feelings,information about ME/CFS and also Fibromyalgia hopefully will be of some help to you eventually can use this as a forum once it is established.Basically you will encounter the problems ive hit by having this illness,the hurdles i have overcome ,and my life adapted to living with this illness.I will post information about the illness helpful links and any questions you may feel will be useful.Thanks for taking time out to pop by please leave a message.

Wednesday 29 April 2009

ME/CFS if you are unfamiliar with the condition and its history. ME is the common name for Myalgic Encephalopathy, sometimes also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. CFS is the common name for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Despite the fact that the Department of Health now accepts ME/CFS as a genuine medical condition, diagnosis can still pose a problem because ME/CFS symptoms are similar to those present in a number of other medical conditions.
Also alot depends on your GP,i was fortunate that he was great ,but i know some Gp's just don't recognise this as an illness.My GP i have to say hats off to him ,he was sending me for every test under the sun ,but give him his due said im sure i know what it is but want to rule out anything else first!All my tests came back normal , the result was diagnosed as ME,that was in Feb 2006
Before i start let me just say that ME effects everyone differently There are so many descriptionsof the disease from patient to patient,effects each individual differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment